Sunday, July 9, 2017

Fireworks, Family & Fun

Hello all, Design Team member Jamie here! I can't believe we're already past the 4th of July. Where is the summer going? 

This scrapbook layout is of pictures from this same time three years ago. My oldest was just a little one then, but she loved having fun with fireworks - granted, her love was pretty much limited to the smoke bombs, the poppers that shoot confetti and the snaps. But she was the only little one, so we catered to what she liked, and enjoyed the outdoors as much as we could with our family.




I love when I'm able to add a fun background to a layout that really makes the page pop! It looks like it takes a lot of effort, but it's so easy! I used my Pazzles to cut out the backgrounds in red for both pages. I adhered them to white paper, then added the extra little stars in multiple places. Matting the photos in a blue that matched the colors from the photos and some white really helped them to stand out from the background!





I love the simplicity of this layout; but I also love that it really showcases what the pictures are all about: celebrating the holiday for this wonderful country where my family and I are lucky enough to reside!

I finished my layout off with a couple more stars and some wonderful stamps from Victorine Originals

God Bless America made the perfect title for this layout! (Am I the only one who breaks into song every time I read those words?)


For the other page, I wanted to use a sentiment of another nature. This is another layout of the time spent during my mother-in-law's last days. She was one of a kind! I want my children to know that when they see these layouts, and I believe the right sentiment can convey that message. Count Your Blessings was the perfect choice for this layout.


Thank you for checking out my layout!

Summer is in full swing, and so is our latest challenge here at Victorine Originals! See all the details for our Summer Vacation Challenge (just click on those words), and then use these images to be inspired!


Have a wonderfully crafty day!
~Jamie

3 comments:

  1. that was truly a very lovely creation.I ama really amazed by seeing this.Thank you so muh for sharing this.
    Pincodestreet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute layouts! I really like the die cut backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete